Saturday, November 1, 2008

What !?

Somebody told me something that was quite amusing just now.
She said something like this:" Huh!! You mean you did not learn violin outside?? ( Means going to violin classes.) Why don't you get a cert for yourself?? What a waste, you are actually pretty good you know??"
And I was like:" What!? No lah... But I also want to get myself a cert very very much. But I can't make time for all this.I don't have the time to."
OMG!!! I was pretty shocked then. No one has ever compliment me about my violin skills. um...at least from a music teacher la. This is the first time I've heard it. Though maybe she didn't really meant that I was "good" good, but the word "good" in my violin skill dictionary does not exist. I have never imagine that someone will tell me this as I myself is among the worst of all my other friends. I always screw things up, playing wrong note for example, or poor at site reading, lousy skills, etc.etc.
Was quite happy a second or two then, but I didn't feel proud of myself. I know very well that I'm never close to good. I'm very very slow and lousy in everything. This I myself know the best.(Yup!) Its now because of my high expectations or what, but is how I play a simple song I myself also think its just so-so. Nothing to be expected. I would like to play like those pro-violinist which I really want to. But Its totally impossible for me. Haiz...How pathetic I'm.
But somehow, deep down in my heart, I really wish that she really meant what she said. I'm soo eager to do my best in every performance and earn confirmation from others. I like doing what I'm doing and this is what I aim for since I first pick up my violin. But I might be getting greedier and want something more out of it. I'm such a jerk.
But anyway, thanks Teacher Angie for telling me that. I'm quite relieved and is having more confidence in myself now. Am kinda in to the performance on Sunday. Hope I won't screw
anything up that day a and 'diu lian'. Haha...
You might figure what performance is it. I will follow up about the performance. So,have a little more patience la..

2 comments:

Miss I-DON'T-KNOW said...

You should get a cert for yourself, I can see you that you love musical instrument very very de much! Same as me too...=-]

ShyuanT said...

Haha..Thanks for trusting me..
I really would want too also..
I might work it out soon...
Just waiting for a mere chance to come...Haha...
I know that you too are like me. Then now we can Jia you together lo..
^_^