Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Children's Day!!!

Its World's Children Day!!! Happy Children's Day to all. Lets celebrate this special day with joy and laughter!!!




Here's a little bit about the celebration as I myself did not know what's its purpose on the 1st place.
=>=>=>=>=>=>=>=>=>
Universal Children's Day

20 November


By resolution 8361(IX) of 14 December 1954, the General Assembly recommended that all countries institute a Universal Children's Day, to be observed as a day of worldwide fraternity and understanding between children. It recommended that the Day was to be observed also as a day of activity devoted to promoting the ideals and objectives of the Charter and the welfare of the children of the world. The Assembly suggested to governments that the Day be observed on the date and in the way which each considers appropriate. The date 20 November, marks the day on which the Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child, in 1959, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child, in 1989.

In 2000 world leaders outlined Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) – which range from halving extreme poverty to halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and providing universal primary education, all by the target date of 2015. Though the Goals are for all humankind, they are primarily about children. UNICEF notes that six of the eight goals relate directly to children and meeting the last two will also make critical improvements in their lives. (MDGs, UNICEF.)

The main purpose of the celebration is to create awareness of the responsibilities of all members of society especially parents, private and public agencies have to protect the rights and the future of children as well as to enable members of the public to appreciate the need to uphold the rights and dignity of children in accordance with the rights as accorded to them by the Convention on the Rights of the Child.

I hereby wish all CHILDREN A HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!! Enjoy yourselves!!!
_________________________________________________________________

Went for my holiday duties today. It went better than I had expected. Can see that the members had a good time, I think. Was pretty relieved that everything went well. No complaints, no beh-song business. Its good. The only thing is that my time planning is as usual....BAD.. Am happy that the members gave full cooperation. Thanks guys. Regretted that I did not brought my Lumix with me. It will be something which I would like to remember though its just a small thing.

Later, I went loitering in town with mum. Went walking from place to place. Then suddenly, it began to rain quite heavily. Had to walk in the rain as we forgot to bring umbrellas. Its fun walking under the rain...It felt like I'm 4 again...Used to play in the rain. Rushing out of the house whenever it rains...And never seemed to get sick.

Am exhausted when I reached home. After finishing some things. I went to sleep with me relaxing classics. When I woke up 2 hrs later, I still feel like a dead fish, it doesn't feel like I had even sleep before. Damn tired now. Can't wait to hop into my bed now. Gotta have a good night's sleep now. Its another one of my 'days' tomorrow....Nitez everyone.

1 comment:

exuan said...

淋雨真的很好玩...想想看...我也很久没淋雨了。盼望等下下雨让我淋一淋!!^^