Friday, December 26, 2008

Kem Belajar

Am back from Kem Belajar. Many people asked me how was it and I ended up answering:" ok lo...enjoyable..." Ya, its really quite enjoyable, but I couldn't say that its fun. Lets have a quick review on the days of my camp...

22 Dec (Monday)
Was late to school. Everyone is waiting for me to get started. Campers are waiting to report themselves but cannot as I'm holding the most important thing of the leaflet. So, when I arrived I had to rush around to get things settled. When checking-in ended, the programs started. I was one of the refreshment member. So, had to do pay a visit to my new 'home'. Saw the campers playing the ice-breaking games with so much laughter makes me happy as everyone looked very exhausted and looks sleepy earlier... Later that day, me and my 'family members' went out to go on a shopping spree. Four of us, Hoong, Z ER, Fei and me walked around town to buy biscuits. We ate cendol together and had eventually became a 'family' as Hoong and Z Er was like daddy and mummy, kept checking the shopping list and taking us 'daughters' everywhere to buy things. Its really funny when all of us went to market to buy the ingredients for dinner. Four of us went to market to buy vegetables holding a BIG tin of biscuits. The people there kept teasing us about the biscuits. Haha...its fun choosing vegetables together, buying stuffs, finding the right fish to buy, and tell the chicken seller what kind of meat we want. All of us kept taking turns to carry the heavy groceries, and kept taking photos of us choosing veges... We went to yum cha after that, and after we left, something bad happened. Z Er lost her wallet!!! We went around looking for it but it was no where to be found. So sad. We took a taxi back to school as the groceries are very heavy. Had made a police report during our way home and they say need to go report there...So, we can't do anything to help..... Later when we reached school, the taxi can't start and we had to help push the car...Damn malang that day....A camper broke her shoes before the real games began...haiz...

Later at night, the campers had to backwood to make their own dinner. So, our refreshment family have to cook dinner for the committees. Found out that many guys actually cook at home and they are pretty good at it. We had another sister and brother-in-law that night. Many people came to our 'house' to help 'chai tang yuan' and in the end, the tang yuan all become mouldy and we had to roll all of them again. So, all our work all wasted. Lucky we have an ex who became our Ah Gong to help us. haha... We had been scold by CL as too many people were crowding in our 'home'. Haiz...speechless...

We played Zombie after midnight and some of us had to dress up as a zombie to scare the campers and they ended up being beaten by some campers. They are so damn rude!!!! RUDE PEOPLE!!!! Beat people somemore didn't say sorry....But there are also some who cried when we played the game...Haiz....Didn't sleep that night as it anly left a few more hours before daybreak...

23 Dec (Tue)
The prefects have a gathering that day. They all arrived early straight after most of us fell asleep. Had to walk to Lake Gardens as an outing in the morning. All of us waited for the bread to arrived and then asked ex to help us sent to lake Gardens. All of us walked there. I had been so clumsy and forgot something, so I had to run hack and fetch it. Was left out as all of them kept walking and Had to chase them back. Lucky I'm a fast walker and managed to keep up with them. So when we reached there, we played a little game at the playground and someone got hurt and twisted their ankle. So, his buddies gotta carry him around. We ate breakfast at the park and started our station games. Me and Ah Chat are in charge of the same station. So, we made the campers lie down on the grass and scream as loud as they can to relax themselves. We also made some of the to climb a short tree and hug and kiss the tree at the same time. Its so FUN!!!! I enjoyed myself just ddoing both of them and really hope that all the campers do too as well... We came to the concept of making all of them relax themselves and do whatever they want on the 10 minutes given without any boundaries. And most of them just stood there doing nothing, so disappointing. Later before we go back, Me and Ah Chat went lying on the ground for quite a long time to xiang shou for a longer time. Before we head back, we saw the few buddies helping they injured friend back on the way home. Its kinda touching when I saw the scene and felt very nice see this scene. Its feels like the world is still turning and this is what TRUE FRIENDSHIP means. We couldn't help and snap pics of all of them. CL had been sick and is running a high fever then. Red spots starting to pop up all over his body. We were so scared that he had Denggi and it turned out just a high fever. Thank God!!! Siang had to 'bei' the injured camper as everyone is getting tired helping him walk. They were moving slow. So, brave Siang decided to 'bei' him back and got tired before we got back. Lucky Bin came and save him with his motor and sent the camper back.

Spend all of my time at our 'house' when we got back. The poor injured camper can't walk and needs someone to help move him around. So he had to go back after lunch. CL appeared again after he went to the doctor. We adviced him not to come back but he insisted on appearing again. Haiz, all of us is so worried that he cannot make it through the whole camp and will faint anytime. He's really stubborn. Anyway, we prepared dinner for that night which we will be having a camp fire. Its a buffet dinner and we had to buy many ingredients which we forgot to buy then. Walking in and out, in and out in and out so many times. Darn tired that day, me and Fei had to make more than 5 trips to the shop opposite just to make sure everything is done. We even had to walk around cooking, frying, cleanning, cutting and stuff. Haiz...haha..But we are a happy family. Everything we do, we do with laughter. Its really nice working together. We really had a great time. All the campers should be as exhausted as they have plenty activities waiting for them the whole day. After hiking, they have station games, K Singing competition, Physical Training and have to be prepared for their sketch later that night. They must be wearing off like us...haha....Funny where I say the campers are tired, but committees more tired, preparing everything for them without even resting....One camper accidentally fell down when he was trying out the Flying Fox, he fell down straight from top and lucky he didn't hurt himself.

Camp Fire was kinda drag as the fire kept extinguishing as the wind that night is BIG!! So, CL who was sick went on lighting it up a few times and it finally flamed up. Everyone has to walk bare footed to the camp fire as our theme this year is called 《赤脚记号》。The camper all had to paint their face wearing our T-shirt that night. As all the groups perform their sketchs, most of the refreshment members are fishing and some of us just cannot tahan anymore. We nearly fell asleep as all of us are exhausted. But there's still a lot of things needs cleaning up after that, so all of us have to prepare supper and clean up at the same time. There were some food which cannot be finished and I had to go around forcing everyone to take a bite. Its so dificult to make people finish the food. Luckily I found the whole group of scout zai, they were willing to help me finish all my food cheerfully with onli 1 condition of giving them the whole orange juice left. So, we made a deal and they really came and finished all my leftovers. So Good!!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!! They are really camp Joyers!!! hahahaha...They made my day... '

We played another adventurous midnight game that night. All the lights were off and the campers have no torch with them. They have to solve the mystery of two murder scene through clues and witness. Its getting kinda draggy as the campers are slow to understand what is happening and the had to be pushed and instructed where to go only they go. They were like a hammer and a nail, won't move anywhere else except when instructed. Haiz....Time was ticking and still no one found the killer. In the end, the game had to be ended as the killer(CL) cannot stand it and have to rest. He is too tired and have to go to sleep having his fever going on. Poor thing...So, everyone went sleeping straight after that. My refreshment family members went sleeping soundly when the game is going on as they play no part in the game. They sleep soo damn soundly together which is soo sweet. I really treat them like my family...I played the part as the corps doctor something and give clues to the investigators about how the victim is being murdered. Haha..I sleep imediately when I can...haha...

24 Dec (Wed)
Its the last day of camp. Woke up early again as we had to make breakfast for the campers. Had to perpare water and stuff to make sure all of them are ready to go hiking again. Boiled water and help them fill their bottles. Am kinda in a bad mood as they didn't even say a word of thank you when we help them to do all this. Actually as a refreshment member, we felt like the campers parents as we had been worrying about whether they like to eat the food we prepared or whether its enough, will they have stomachache when they eat our food and stuff. It actually hurts no one appreciates what we did for them. haiz... Anyway, after everyone left for hiking in Temiang hill, there are only a few of us left in school preparing food for lunch and some other non-refreshment committees sleep as they can. So, its really quiet there. 3 of us and Ah Gong with 3 more campers stayed back preparing food. We all work non-stop cooking and cleaning. Found out that almost all KP members cooks well...walah!!! haha..so shock seeing them cook. I also tried out my cooking skills and also sucked in that...haha...All of them laugh at my skills and encouraged me to try a few more time but I still sucks...haha...I know I'm not actually gifted in the cooking part so I left the job to the pros...

When we finish, we began cleaning and packing the school. Lunch was not enough and some campers have not enough to eat. So, we had to cook again for the committees. We cooked fried rice earlier which looks bad and does not look and taste good but all of them finished every bit of it. We later decided to cook fried mihun as we have some left. So, we bought more ingredients which exceeded our budget and CL was so worried about it. Haha...(CL had been sleeping the whole night till afternoon, he finally woke up..haha) Luckily Ah Gong was there helping us to cook the delicious mihun which had been finished eventually. Its happy seeing people enjoying the food you prepare haha.....We packed and cleaned the school with the help of the campers. All the job was finished in no time.

So, when its time to leave, I went keeping my things and check on my belongings. And OMG!!!! AHHHH!!!!!! How can.....Ahh!!! My LUmix is no where to be found!!! AHHHH!!!!! So damn malang!!! Someoen stole my dear Lumix!!! Damn it!!! Shoot!!! I told everyone and a spot check was performed later after that and its no where to be found. So, we came to the conclusion that the cleaners must have taken it!!! I felt like crying that instant but bared with it again. I know its my fault actually leaving it in my bag. Had been expexting something like this to happen someday and now it happened. Am happy that there were many people who cared for me. Someone even adviced me this:“ 美宣, 不要伤心,回家不要哭啦! 旧的不去新的不来嘛!” And I was like:" no la, I am nothing nothing now, don't worry!! I kinda knew something like this will happen..." My heart was damn pain la...Please stop telling me things like that!!! Went home with Hoong and found out that my mum had came to pick me up too. So, had to apologize BIG time to her....Had to be prepared for my Christmas eve party later.....

Anyway, I really miss my refreshment family. Really hope that we can work together again which I know I'll be dreaming that time. Thanks for giving me so much fun throughout the camp and thanks for making me a part of all of you. To you all who are concern, thanks for caring. I'm all right. My family didn't give me a hard time when I broke he news to them. All they say was why did it happen? Where you put it and stuff.....I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!! They even advice me not to put it in the bag and said its ok, you learned your lesson and never repeat it again, ok? I really wonder how can I live without them. So, everyone. I had learned my lesson BIG time, never ever put your valuable things in your bag when you are not attending it. Its really a big chance it will disappear anytime. So, do keep your things near you and somewhere else which has someone looking for it for you.

Lessons I learnt during camp:
1. Never put your valuables in the bag
2. Do whatever you want without thinking much, just think whether the thing you do is right or
not and what will it lead you to in the end thats all. Thinking much makes you lose confidence
and ends up being given up.
3. Say thank you whenever someone does anything for you. Please show some appreciation to
them as they will feel bad and useless doing things for you.


3 comments:

空。陵 said...

lolx...
feel some regret din come..
its look so excited...
haha....
hope u learn much there...

ShyuanT said...

haha...Don't feel regret la...
Its not actually fun but I love being in the refreshment part.^^
hehe There's a saying:"这是Kem Belajar, 不是来度假..." Its because the campers are like going on holidays expecting everything to be settled for them.lolz

Pikachu said...

dun b sad le o...eventhrough i not at ther at the period, but i noe u feeling at the moment cause i also face same problem with u at year 2004...loss le just forget it lo..sorry r at tat day i'm went back so early n no accompany all of u at tat memories moment...i'm apologize with it....really sorry o