Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Band bandage

This post is written on 14.3.09 but it only got published now.

Ok, Its my practice day today and I went for practice. Feeling kinda frustrated in the morning but still managed to get my way to school. Can finally full band after such a long time, feels great to get to go practice again...Got a meeting to attend and got to know someone who has some sort of punctual issue. He's late,Later than me, there's actually people who are more not punctual than me...Wasted so much wandering around just waiting for him...Haiz.. Anyway, Still got time to practice and full band later.
Today is Hot Latin and Centuria's turn out. Got a chance to hear Centuria during the 'intermission' after combining. Hadn't heard of it for a long time now, really miss the times with it. Was touched by the melody. Too bad our band no Horn player to play the sweet and expressive song. The horn solo really when into my heart. Its terriby beautiful and nice. I wanna hear a real life player, hearing its beautiful rythm. Disappointed when I heard that Alto Sax replaced its place. Had been looking forward to hear about it but no...We didnt get a chance to hear Horn's music...haha...

Don't know why do I still feel as if I wasted my whole time in band. All the while loving band and being faithful for it, actually leads me nowhere. I have never got much chance to perform in front of others unless its something compulsory. No chamber performance, no group performance only get chances to perform if the whole band is needed (Which has a chance like as big as a peanut). And now its my last year here, getting to perform my last time in front of public I didn't get the chance to sit with my all time partner, Jen. Sad... and in the last year of my band life, I didn't get the chance to perform a new song. For the past year, I only get to practice 3-4 songs until now. Knowing that my standard is not yet to try out new songs, yet still feeling sort of disappointed. Unbearable feelings....

Sorry for crapping such a long post. Thank you for your time...

2 comments:

JojO said...

hi shyuan...
joanne here ya~~
ur feelings...i understand yor...
i bet tat every band members had tis feelings before...
even fer my major...
we wil experience thoughts of wasting time here...wat is de real meaning fer me in band...
but believe me...tis feelings wil get lost...
n now i am ex dy...
i am very proud to be a band member...
tat day in u guys mini concert...
i am so admire...
i hope tat i still have tis chance to be on stage...
admire admire...sob sob...
haha...^o^
btw...
gambateh ya...
ur last year dy...
jiayou jiayou...!

ShyuanT said...

Thanks for your advice... I know that I'm proud to be in this BIG family but still....
I'll overcome all this I'm sure...Thank you..